Sunday, August 7, 2016


THE STONE ROLLED AWAY



I was dying and darkness was all I could see.

Gloom despair and agony filled me.

He rolled away the stone and his light came flooding in.

I then realized my darkness was from my sin.

I walked out of my cave and his light became bright.

I tried to imagine what I looked in his sight.

I saw my ugliness, my filth, my guilt, and my sadness.

He saw me as beautiful, despite my madness.

I dropped to my knees and gave all to him.

He threw it away and I felt lighter without my sin.

He came down and took hold of me.

He grafted me onto his vine for all to see.

I became his and he became mine.

Love so supernatural, it’s one of a kind.

I still have problems; I face them one at a time.

I view things different despite the uphill climb.

I’m trying to crucify my flesh with its affections and lust.

I now let the joy of the Lord be my strength, in him I trust.

He came to save his people from their sins.

Through his gospel and his resurrection.

I’m getting stronger in the Lord and in the power of his might.

He is my Lord and my God, I’m his son his delight.

This is salvations song, give him your sin and it is gone.

No more playing around with sins power.

Run to the Lord, let him be your high tower.

He is Jesus.

Who will present you faultless before the presence of his glory.

Let him give your life a different story.

He is Jesus.

He came to seek and save the lost.

He died and rose becoming everlasting, paying our cost.

Open your eyes, turn from the darkness into his light.

Stop running from him, give up your fight.

Become strong in Jesus and in the power of his might.

Start spreading his love morning, noon and night.

Let him come down and take hold of you.

He will graft you on the vine that is true.

You will be his and he will be yours.

Every day you experience his love, you will want more.

Step out of your cave, into his light.

Rub your eyes, regain your sight.

Look around it’s real, you are ALIVE.

Listen to Jesus this time and do more than survive.

CRY OUT TO GOD      2x 

Let him rescue you.

Tell him           THANK YOU     3x



LIONEL

Copyright 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment