Wednesday, August 17, 2016


A GENTLE TOUCH



Have you ever cried out to God and have him not answer you?

Sure you have, it’s probably happened to you to.

You think maybe he doesn’t care or perhaps he is busy elsewhere.

In my mind I know he is there.

But I still ask “Does he care, is he being fair.”

What does he want me to go through?

How does he want it to end?

His word says he is our healer, he is our friend.

I know by his stripes we are healed and by his Spirit we are sealed, but when?

I’ve suffered for some time now, crying out day and night to him.

When I wake up each morning, my pain is still within.

So what do I do?  Where do I go from here?

He has given patience, doctors and medicine you see.

But first I’m told to have the elders lay on hands and pray over me.

I went up front and was prayed for.

I picked up my prescription from the doctor.

I know his blessings can hide themselves in suffering and pain.

I must be in for a huge blessing, if I remain sane.

My melody of cries is music to his ears.

As I draw closer to him through all my tears.

When he finally got me to where he wanted me to be.

I opened my teared eyes and see Christ hanging on the tree.

Only then do I realize my pain isn’t so bad.

I’ve arrived where you want me and for that I’m glad.

So even if the pain continues, I won’t complain so much.

For after our talk, I feel your gentle touch.

I now know you are there and trust you exclusively.

Even if at times I’m in misery.







LIONEL

Copyright 2014





 








No comments:

Post a Comment