Monday, January 29, 2018


           Waiting My Turn

I sit in the waiting room hearing the cleaning, scraping and drilling

I am anxious, I have never found the dentist’s office very thrilling

I know some things just have to be

I just don’t want them done to me you see

I sit in the chair waiting for the assistant to call my name

I think maybe I should have flossed more, maybe that’s the blame

I hope I can go to sleep and then I won’t worry

I then will wake up, get in my car, and off to my life I will scurry

I know that when I leave, my teeth will be clean and bright

I will then smile more to show how my teeth are so pearly white

I then realize the end probably justifies the means

I have a better attitude now as the assistant scrapes and cleans

I thank God for dentists and all they do

For without them, there would probably be a lot more pain later we would all go through

Lionel  Copyright 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment