Wednesday, February 17, 2016


Emptiness

Hello emptiness you’ve become my friend

You’ve been with me since I’ve began

Your seed was planted at my birth

It made me question what I was worth

Self- condemning became my focused goal

Even thoughts of suicide reached my soul

So, I cried out into space

Someone take me from this place

The words of a Psalm flashed in my mind

Saying, you are uniquely made and one of a kind

Created by God in complete love

So, when it comes to push and shove

He’ll take you out of the place your in

If you believe and trust in Him

I cried out again this time from my heart

I told Him I trust and believe

Give me a fresh start

My life was turned around

I was lost but now I am found

Cry out to Jesus from your need

He will plant in you a holy seed

The emptiness that became your friend

Will be replaced with a savior upon whom you can depend

Cry out to the risen one

He hears our cries

Cry out to the risen one

He will always come

Cry out to the risen one

He is His Father’s Holy Son   

Lionel    
Copyright 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment